I just have to share this because it is so easy. I wish I learned this years ago. The possibilities of how we can use this new-found skill are endless.
All you need is one sheet of paper and a pair of scissors and you can make a mini 6-page book for any purpose that you can dream up.
Here's how you do it:
1. Fold the paper in half the long way, like a hot dog.
2. Open the paper and fold it in half the short way, like a hamburger.
3. Take one layer of paper, flip the edge back to meet the fold, and crease.
4. Turn the paper over, flip the edge of the paper back to meet the fold, and crease.
5. Place the paper on the table so that you see a W when you look at the end.
6. Cut the center of the W along the center fold. You'll be cutting through two layers of paper and stopping at the cross fold.
7. With your wrists above your fingers, hold the two halves of the hot dog from the top.
8. Turn your wrists to the sides. You will have an open book with four sections.
9. Bring three of the sections together. Fold the last section on top of the other three so that you have a flat book.
Let your kids dream up some wonderful stories to fill it up.